Saturday, June 9, 2007

On Air..........


One of my friends happened to come to SL from Scotland. He planned to come by an Emirates flight as usual. Emirates stopped flying here but then again agreed. Now this flight was suppose to land here at night time. But according to new rules, Katunayaka air port is closed after 6PM I guess. So Emirates have informed them that they will have a 16 hour transit at Dubai.

When I first heard I told him, so you can do shopping there. Then he asked me "How can I do shopping for 16 hours?"

To see, even though they have to go through quite a long hours of transit, air line is not providing them hotel facilities. Because closing down air port is not the fault of the Air Line. They only obtain VISA for travelers to go inside Dubai. But they will have to find places to stay by them selves.

Hm. I thought. ............................ What to do. Where the fault?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The easiet route for your friend would have been Scotland - London and then direct to Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. It would've been cheaper too! :)

Send him this link:

http://www.srilankan.aero

(it's the airline's website)

Darwin said...

I have the same problem. I did not want to fly through London because a domestic flight to London first would allow me a very limited baggage allowance.

A few good books and a fully charged iPod is my plan for dealing with this 16hr transit!